Spontaneously Delicious at AbsoluteViet, Puchong, Malaysia

As usual, weekend is the best time for me and my mate to explore eating out places in town. Moving to sub urban area of Puchong township made me feel so lazy to travel to KL city for food or entertainment.

Wandering around SetiaWalk Puchong is a very mouth watery experience. From Chinese to Malay cuisine, distinguish Japanese sushi to selections of fusion and western dishes are available for your to choose. 

Absoluteviet Restaurant, SetiaWalk
Finally, we decided to have dinner at AbsoluteViet, a very humble Vietnamese restaurant which stand among those fancy places. Be seated by the staff, our menu was available on the table, and my eyes was drooling to see whats in the menu. Maybe, my 5 years experiences of living in Vietnam made me so eager to see if the dish in this restaurant is as authentic as in its own country.

We decided to order 3 sharing dishes; Special Beef Combination Noodle Soup (Pho Bo), Tomato Noodle Soup (Bun Rieu) and Lemongrass Pork Chop with White Rice or locally called as Broken Rice in Vietnam (Com tam). To add on, we order lemongrass tea to warm ourselves in this chilling restaurant. 

Minimalis interior design, AbsoluteViet
While waiting for the food coming, we zoom in to the ambiance of this restaurant. AbsoluteViet is absolutely clean. With a minimalist choice of furniture and Vietnamese's conical hat as decor item, this restaurant really reminds me to many medium class Vietnamese restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City.

Minimalis interior design, AbsoluteViet
We start our dish with Lemongrass Pork Chop with White Rice. If in Vietnam, you can smell this grill pork from nearby rice shop at your neighbourhood. So, I can say that I am very addicted to this food which may available all day around at almost every corner in the country. As in AbsoluteViet, this food really remind me to my second home. The grill pork was well-marinated with lemongrass and you can ask for some extra fish sauce with chilli to savourise the dishes. 

Lemongrass Pork Chop with White Rice
Tomato Noodle Soup or called as Bun Rieu in Vietnam. This food remind me to my personal Vietnamese quote, "Tinh Yeu la Bun Rieu" which is mean, Love is like Bun Rieu. It is delicious to eat when it still hot. So, my personal tips, enjoy your Tomato Noodle Soup while it still hot. This noodle soup si very rich with tomato taste. As far as I remember, this restaurant is the one and only Vietnamese restaurant which serve this kind of noodle in Kuala Lumpur. 

Tomato Noodle Soup
Finally, our Pho Bo or Special Beef Combination Noodle Soup does not disappoint us. Right choice of rice noodle, tender slices of beef and a well broth soup. 

Special Beef Combination Noodle Soup
I have chance to talk with the restaurant owner, Mr.KC. According to him,  the recipe for the foods here was from his mother, who used to work for Vietnamese boss in Boston, America. In another word, this restaurant was run  by a Malaysian with Overseas Vietnamese (Viet Kieu) style. In the same time, they do their best to ensure the authenticity of the Vietnamese foods here. 


Finally, we receive our bill, RM45.65 for 3 main course, 2 cups of Lemongrass Tea, included service charge. To get to know more about updates or promotion of this restaurant, simply likes AbsoluteViet on Facebook.

AbsoluteViet
Telephone: +603-5879 0522
Address: I.5.G Block I, SetiaWalk, Persiaran Wawasan, Pusar Bandar Puchong, 47160 Puchong, Selangor 

Comments

Popular Posts