How to Make Sinh Tố Xoài aka Mango Smoothies?

My personal observation when living in Vietnam is the people really love to eat Mango. No matter its a ripe one or young mangoes. It is very common among my Vietnamese fellas to grab slices of young mango from street seller and bring it back to office during lunch time. Extremely sour and they love it. In the evening, many of them will go to coffee shops or street drink sellers to enjoy Mango smoothies or locally called as "Sinh To Xoai" to chill themselves from the hot and humid Saigon. 

Click here for my previous story about Sinh To http://bit.ly/10JnmZi

Back home, mango is kind of expensive fruit and our parent said that over consuming mango will resulted stomachache. Anyway, here is the recipe on how to make a glass of stunning "Sinh To Xoai"

Ingredients (2 servings)

  • 2 Big & ripe mangoes or 3 if small
  • 100ml of milk (Personally i put quarter cup of milk for each serving)
  • 2 table spoons of sugar (I love it sweet)
  • Chunk of ice

Lets Start the Sinh To Project Now?


Peel the mangoes skin and cut it into chunk
Here is the chunkies of my mangoes
In Vietnam, i saw some street sellers are using condense milk.
As for me, I prefer this low fat milk
The smaller ice will make you blend it easily
Put all ingredients inside the blender and blend it for about 3 - 4 minutes
End result, a very chilling, sweet and fluffy Sinh To Xoai.
Remember, it has to be creamy and fluffy, not watery.

Cost


I bought my mangoes at AEON which cost me MYR2.00 and consider 100ml of milk is MYR1.00. Total cost is MYR3.00 for 2 serving. Current market price for this drink in Malaysia is about MYR6.00 per serving.

Hence in Vietnam, it will cost you around VND12,000 (US$0.50) up to VND60,000 (US$2.50) in some upmarket places.

WELL! Enjoy your Vietnamese Sinh To mate

Comments

Popular Posts