Expensive Briyani Lunch at Restaurant Ismail Briyani, TTDI

Our visit to Restaurant Ismail Briyani was 2 weeks before the fasting month, and this restaurant is located nearby my office at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (TTDI), Kuala Lumpur. The only problem when you come here by driving is, you will have difficulty to find parking especially during peak hours.

Sitting in this restaurant, it is look like a higher standard of Mamak restaurant (Indian Muslim's restaurant) with male waiters with varieties of curry based foods and rice dishes in the menu. So, we ordered two servings of Chicken Briyani and one serving of Beef Murtabak. 

How about our Chicken Briyani? It was okay. Maybe because I am a Johorean and briyani is one of our famous dish. So, I would rate the Chicken Briyani that we had here as moderate in terms of taste, fragrance and the chicken texture. 

Murtabak is one of my favorite since my childhood time. The Beef Murtabak that we had was very rich with beef and really thick and this is a new version of Murtabak for me. We had the Murtabak witk Dhal curry, very light one, but I think I love to have it thick, sweet and creamy with more Dhal. 



Will we come back here to Restaurant Ismail Briyani? I will say no for RM11.00 serving of Chicken Briyani. That was one of the most expensive Briyani for lunch in a moderate place that I ever had in my life. But maybe, I will come back for the RM6.00 Beef Murtabak which reasonably tasty and rich with beef.

Restaurant Ismail Original Recipe Briyani
22, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur

Comments

Popular Posts