Thai Dinner at Chiang Rai Style Restaurant, Puchong Jaya

Hello everyone. Here is another 'Makan' place sharing from me and my housemate Christopher. Actually, before we went to this place, we were having our dinner at a new restaurant nearby IOI Boulevard Puchong but a bit disappointed with the portion size and the price too. I will share about that sometimes later in my other blog posting. 



So, this place is located in Puchong Jaya, which some of our readers know that we are living here too. So, when walking home, we decided to fill some space in our stomach by trying out this Thai restaurant called, Chiang Rai Style Restaurant. The restaurant is located at No.12-1A Jalan Kenari 18A, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Selangor. 

A very simple restaurant with some typical Thai interior and some Chinese decor too. Without hesitating, we ordered Phad Thai Kuey Teow, Spicy Minced Meat with Egg and Thai Herbs, Pandan Chicken, 2 steamed rice and 2 Herbal Tea. 

Spicy Minced Meat with Thai Herbs


Since I used to work with Thai restaurant when living in Vietnam, the authenticity of the food is very important for me. We started our course with rice and Spicy Minced meat which is really delicious. I can taste the the fish sauce, Thai herbs which is really remind me of my last work place. 

Pandan Chicken RM6.00

Total Check was RM30.00


The Pandan Chicken maybe just okay. I love it more if it was perfectly cook because I don't really like my chicken too juicy (like KFC). Hopefully it can be improved further. How about the Phad Thai Kuey Teow, lovely. I love it actually and if it is a bit spicy is even better. I think this is Chiang Rai style as per restaurant name because normally when I have Phad Thai in Bangkok, they will always serve it with grounded peanut and some sprinkle of sugar on top. But anyway, it is still taste good. 

Phad Thai RM10.00


Last but not least is the herbal tea. Its is lovely too. It come taste of palm sugar and strong aroma of Pandan leave. I think, this is something that actually I can do at home too. 

Will we come again to this Chiang Rai Style Restaurant? Absolutely yes! There are a huge selection of foods on the menu, steam fish, fish cakes and many more which is really tempting for my taste bud. When I come here again, I will definitely share about this to my fellow readers.

Chiang Rai Style Restaurant
No-12-1A Jalan Kenari 18A
Bandar Puchong Jaya
47100 Puchong, Selangor
Tel: +603-80709686


Comments

Popular Posts