Food Hunting with family at Assam Pedas Parit Jawa, Muar

When previously we went for a delicious Mee Bandung Muar at Abu Bakar Hanipah, it actually never end there. We continued our journey to Parit Jawa to hunt for a famous Parit Jawa Assam Pedas "Literally as Sour & Spicy local dish, mostly fish".

Driving from Muar Town to Parit Jawa will take about 15 to 30 minutes by driving to the south of the town. As usual, we set our Waze apps to Jalan Jabbar (Medan Assam Pedas Parit Jawa) for this mission.

If you are driving from Muar town, this Assam Pedas place is on your right side of the 2 way road before arriving to Parit Jawa town. Look closely for the sign board of Medan Assam Pedas Parit Jawa on the road side if you don't wanna get lost. 

Basically, this area is a jetty area. When you arrived here, you will see a row of stalls selling drinks and of course, the Assam Pedas. Two of my favorite places are Assam Pedas Mak Pon and Pak Ya's. Even the weather was really hot, this place is still full with customers to enjoy the sourness and the spiciness of the Assam Pedas here. 





Me and my mother at Medan Assam Pedas Parit Jawa. One thing about my mother, she don't eat big fishes (no matter what) and I had to choose the smallest type of fish for her. 
We ordered two Assam Pedas Cencaru Fish "Torpedo Scad Fish" for me and my mother. For my dad, I ordered half fish head of Mayong Fish (Ariid  Catfish) which is really big than normal. Side dishes, we ordered a small portion of veggies and one omelette which is a normal choice to compliment the taste of the Assam Pedas. Oh ya! Total for all this including 5 plates of white rice and plain water was RM35.00. Really!!! Really!!! Cheap. 

Then I forgot to order for my mate Chris. So, I get him another part of Mayong fish with price RM12 for this serving. One of the best thing about this Assam Pedas is the soup is sour and spicy and you can drink it all without worry of  getting stucked with fish bone or whatever. 
Please apology my dramatic action here. 
A big pot of Mayong Fish Assam Pedas. Besides Cencaru Fish & Mayong, there are other fishes for you to choose such as red snapper and other river fish as well. 
More photos, why don't you click the blog posting by Johor Kaki for more excitement. 

Address: Stall No.6, Medan Assam Pedas (off Jalan Jabbar) Parit Jawa, Muar, Johor.
Business Hour: 8.00am - 4.30pm (Off on Friday)

Comments

  1. I make Malaysian satee roja nasi lemah mee siam nasi goreng keleday goreng etc Love durians and buah duku.Trip to Muar took me down memory lane Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts