Day 2 Kota Kinabalu: Gaya Street Sunday Market, Fish Market & Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu

We tried to wake up as early as we could on our second day in Kota Kinabalu. But hell yeah! we only leave our room and browse around Gaya Street Sunday Market at 8.00am. The sky was already bright and there are so many people wandering around the market.








From pets, fruits, local snack like Amplang and Kuih Cincin, clothing, tenom coffee, souvenir and many unique items were available in this market. Since we did a very long browsing at Chinese New Year Night Market on last night, I am not really excited to spend more time at this morning market as the look is almost the same and my stomach start to sing my breakfast lullaby.






So, we walked further heading the Todak Roundabout and turn left to fish market before heading for brunch at Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu. I think the fish market is one of my favorite spot for my whole trip in Kota Kinabalu. There big prawns, big fish, crabs and mussels. The jumbo prawn, lobsters, salmon and big calamari was just so tempting for me. I had mapped in  my mind that tomorrow I will buy those fresh seafood and grill it by my own while chilling at Tanjung Aru beach.







Done with Fish market, we quicking walking inside the Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu, climb the ladders and go to the first floor of the market to find our local foods for brunch. We walked to the left side of the food area and there are many food stall which selling almost the same kind of food at their display table. I honestly feel it was a bit hard to decide which one is the bestest and which one won't cheat your pocket.

So, after back and forth, we decided to stop by at one of the stall and ordered below foods (I can't re-call the names) but all of those taste really nice. There are fried fish, squid and another fish meal. Overall, we spent about RM23 for 2 rices, 2 side dishes and 2 drinks. A bit pricey but we are okay with that since we didn't know to cook such foods.









Done with our brunch, we take time to browse around the Pasar Besar. Like other market in Malaysia/world, there are sections of vegetable, fruits, cooking needs, tofu, chicken and meat. But there is a unique section which they sell dried shrimp. The dried shrimp was big, fresh and smell really good.

Well, we didn't buy anything there because as far as I remember, there is a Pasar Ikan Masin (Salted Fish Market) located somewhere in the area and I believe that the seller they can offer a better price for salted fish and dried shrimp which I will share with you in my next entry. .









Comments

Popular Posts