The Banana Fritters of Jalan Chan Siew Teong, Tanjung Bungah

The place that I am going to share in this posting is very unique. My mate, Chris have a very good childhood memories about it. Yes, I am talking about the banana fritter vendor at the junction of Jalan Chan Siew Teong and Jalan Batu Feringghi (the main road). I am kind of hard to give an exact location. You need to pass the Tanjung Bungah area heading to Batu Feringghi,and this fritters can be found  on your left hand side of driving or 200 meters before the Tanjung Bungah floating mosque. So, if you are driving and saw the floating mosque on your right side, means that you need to turn back and watch out for this banana fritter seller. 

22 years ago, Chris will walk from his school at Jalan Lembah Permai (about 30 minutes walking) to this vendor and buy some fritters before waiting for bus to go home. According to him, the taste and aroma of the banana fritter here is just the same like his old time. If you don't like banana fritter, you may choose other stuffs here such as sweet potatoes fritter, green bean cake and many more. 






Even everything is just the same like his old time, the only things that changed here here is the price. Ya, we can't runaway from inflation and price hike right? This fritter used to be 20sen for each, and now at 2014, you are expected to pay RM1.50 for one fritter. I remembered that I picked, 2 green bean cakes, 2 sweet potato fritters with palm sugar filling and 4 banana fritters, and we paid RM8.00 for all those. 

At first, I was thinking that is really expensive for such fritters. But then, I can't resist the sweetness and the superb taste of those fritters. I would say, any kind of fritters here are really delicious and different compared to other places. No more complaint to pay so high for such fritters because I am highly recommending my friends who will go to Batu Feringghi, to drop by to this fritter vendor to try and judge it it by yourself. 







Comments

Popular Posts