Saturday Breakfast – Pasar Besar Jalan Othman @ PJ Old Town

Few years ago, an acquaintance of mine Patrick did some awesome photoshoot here at PJ Old Town’s Pasar or knowned as Pasar Besar Jalan Othman. Since its weekend and we are normally wake up early, so we decided to go to explore what ate the breakfast available at this Pasar Besar Jalan Othman.

From Puchong, we waze up to this location which is located about 15 minutes from my house. Nah! 15 minutes from my house and I didn’t go to this place since I move to Puchong many years back. What a shame Danial? Personally, I love PJ Old Town areas. Old houses, the government owned building and I always imagined that I will have a restaurant at this area in near future.

So, back to the story. We arrived to the market around 10.30am. The market still very busy with customers here and there. Some vegetable vendors already run out of the veggies and now relaxing. Oh yeah! Its 10.30am though and I can say what kind of people go to morning market at 10.30am. If you are wearing slipper, be careful because the floor are wet at almost everywhere at ground floor.


This is the fun thing. Normally at most of the market that I went, their food court are located at the 1st floor of their market together with clothing and other shops. But there is a twist here at PJ Old Town. You will find onions, tailor shop, dried anchovies, eggs, herbs and spices but no food court at the 1st floor. We almost give up and walk out from the market until we saw the food court area at ground floor and its facing the main road at the front side.

We did a quick browsing since but not much on photo shooting since we both are extremely hungry. The are Malay, Indonesia, Indian and Chinese food available for you to order at the food court. But at this time, my mate Chris would like to try the Penang Mee Rebus from a stall here, coincidentally I saw the stall mamak is cooking friend noodle and its look delicious. Then I ordered one serving for me.



I think the Mee Rebus is just like in other place. But RM4 for each Mee Rebus and Mee Goreng is unbeatable with other places in PJ I think. I love the Mee Goreng and I think it will be one of the reason for me to come again to this market. The Mee Goreng is very simple but it is a good one with some kuih and vegetable. You may ask for some Chili ketchup to adjust the taste up to your liking too. That is normal right?




Before we leave the market. Then only we saw another food court located next to the market. Damn! Here is the photo. I think I will try out that place for next time. Overall, the breakfast hunting this time is full of satisfaction. 

Comments

Popular Posts